“I dance for my livelihood, my passion and my connection to the world.” John Cole
By Donna Kays
While some dance for fun, others for a living and others simply to entertain, this man does it to give life to the needy. Last week I advertised a dancing program that was meant to raise funds for one of our Zimbabwean sisters to help fight cancer.. The force behind the project, Mr John Cole reported that the fundraising was successful and thanks everyone who took part for opening up your hearts and taking action.
John Cole is a dance choreographer with a unique edge and eye for the right stuff. He fancies himself as mentally hilarious, outgoingand fun, known as “crazy daddy” by his kids and family due to randomness and bursts of unspoken energy.
When asked how he chose this path for a living, JC said he started a couple years ago when he noticed a lot of gaps in the dance industry which needed filling.He says choreographers and dancers usually make the back line look good for most shows and artists, so he couldn’t take it anymore and decided it was high time the tables turned.
Therefore, he took it upon himself to start a trend or movement that is now used by dancers, which is headlining shows alongside the big boys and girls of the music industry.“I dance for my livelihood, my passion and my connection to the world.”
The award winning dancer admits it took a while to gain momentum but now he’s thrilled that today all promoters and organizers know him as a brand and in doing so earned the respect and colours as a headliner and crowd puller for any event which in turn has given birth to a lot of avenues for dancers, as this form of art is now taken seriously.
He thanks God for guiding him through the good and bad times and is grateful to his family for the support they gave him till he’s where he is today, especially his wife and kids.
The prominent dancer is proud to have worked with esteemed artists likeSulu, Pastor G, Thebalami, Emelda, Guspy Warrior,Roki,Mafrique, Mellow Creme just to mention a few. He’s also glad that he does choreography for leading and multi award winning artists such as Cynthia Mare, Ammara Brown (#MUKOKO), Saba Magacha and African Joy.
In case you’re still not convinced of his greatness, our local J Cole has choreographed for first lady Mai Grace Mugabe, Prophet Makandiwa, Harare International Carnival,Joina City,Barclays, Coca Cola,PSI,Action Aid and the (4) Uniformed Forces of Zimbabwe, He has even taught dance in foreign lands like Manila, Hong Kong and Philippines,
Despite of achieving all this, Cole insists on describing himself as a simple human being. Here is a brief of his biography:
- Born in a family of 6, all artists in their own rights – models, deejays, rappers and painters
- Husband to the loving and gorgeous Cindy Cole
- Father to Avant Cole and Duncan Cole
- He loves cooking and eating although he hardly gains any weight
- He’s an actor,model, president (like that’s totally normal and simply human? Well, if you say so)
Good news yáll, anyone anywhere can hire JC’s services for birthdays, fashion shows, charity events, workshops, corporate, you name it. Just make sure you make your booking in time coz the man is beyond busy. Right now he’s looking ata festival tomorrow and give a blanket initiative on the same day. If you’re all about V Shows, there’s one at Goromonzi High School in Harare, Zimbabwe and Mr Cole will be there doing #HISTHANG
August sees him boogying it up for some wet and wild summer party, couple weddings and a lot more performances. The man owns a wedding dance company too so it won’t be easy getting him. If I were you I’d book him today for next year’s event.
If you’re in Cape Town start getting your ticket to the Miss Zimbabwe Diaspora now, coz JC will be making amazing things go down at the pageant. Unfortunately work couldn’t allow him to fly down for the Inception Fashion show on September 3.
Cole’s word to aspiring artists: “Hustle until you don’t get to introduce yourself no more, and when knowledge is just as simple as the word itself and you can’t give what you know to someone on the ledge, then it’s no use just knowledge so I say utilize and give what you know so you improve enhance enrich people’s lives.”
Life may be going on smoothly for you sir and a few more people back in Zim, but we can’t ignore the horrible sate our country is in right now. Tell the people how you get by in such a situation and how you plan to help our country get better “Honestly am perfectly fine I manage to do all I want provide for family and do what I need to do as a father and husband plus choreographer. I intend on giving the youth and upcoming dancers and artists my knowledge and skills on how to be a brand and business entity to become self-sufficient individual in any industry, the rest we just do as we can when we can”
Well done sir, you can only get better, keep doing the great job.
NCO-OO like father like son #theboyinblue
CAUTION LADIES! He may be cute, but he is taken.
EVENTS LINE UP:
This Saturday 9 July, make your way to Uhuru Institute of Management Training atnumber 22 Long Street, Capetown. ZIMSACCI brings you yet another business networking event. Mr Cheng Bezale will be the guest speaker and he’ll be happy to answer all your questions on TAX. The ZIMSACCI board urges you to bring business cards for lucky draws. To enter it’s R80 for non-members and R50 for all members.
- The 6th Annual SA ZIM REGGAE SOUND CUP CLASH 2016 is gonna go down in Kaap Staad on the 30th of July, like I told you last week. Be there at Kasi Lounge, Cape Town as JUDGEMENT YARD and JAH CRUCIAL will be the special guests as well as Judges. Supported by, Dubber Fabulous, and DJ David Waiganjo while the MCs are Goofylickshot and Tanya Lube. I’m sure you’re getting hot just by reading this because these guys aren’t playing no games. The clash is going to be featuring, Eddy Miighty DucksInt (Zim), BlackIdentity Sound (Zim), Mob mafia sound (Cpt), Lion Paw Int’l (Joburg), Sovereign Sound (Zim), Syndicate Sound (UK), City Angelz (Cpt). Who’s better to through a gig of this calibre than BASHMOUTH SOUND & RAS REGGIE themselves. Tickets are not even expensive for such a gigantic show. Grab yours at R100 only
- Are you in the UK and wondering what to do this coming month, check this out…
- 28 July Zimbabwe Fashion Showcase by invitation only, London.
- 29, 30 July, Zimbabwe Fashion Showcase by invitation only. Venue: B12 9QH, Birmingham.
- Score yourself an invite and get your tickets at www.zimbabwefashionshowcase.com
Dj Sabspd Sbizzet Birt
- Invites all Zim Events Promoters, DJs, Artists and Fans to his birthday on Saturday 13 August, 2016 in the Milton Keynes / Luton, Luton area TBC, and out of respect and to avoid confusion and clashing, may you kindly advise if you already have an event out on this day. He made sure to check as many flyers as he got and might have missed yours. So hola at him asap!
Missing some African dishes?
- Don’t worry, we’ve got that sorted out for you… all you need is to not be afraid of water. Check out the poster below for necessary info.
UTMOST ELITE MODELS
- The date is drawing closer, have you got your tickets yet? Contact 062 082 0867 for info on how you can get yourself a ticket to this event and see what a humble daughter of the soil can do to lift #THAT_FLAG up high. MISS UTMOST ELITE is the battle between models who were well groomed by the agency itself to find the brand ambassador for the agency.
- 6 August is the date to mark on your calendar and grab your tickets at only R200 general admission and R250 for the VIPs. If you’re classy and are up for the elegant lifestyle, this is absolutely your thing. #RedCarpetThings
- Venue: Tableview Hall (Leibrandt Van Niekerk Hall), Cape Town. Time: 18:00- 22:00.
Miss Zimbabwe Diaspora in collaboration with Victorious Magazine present:
- The Inception Fashion Show a strictly black tie event. Date, 3 September, at Bokaap Hall and tickets are only running for R150 early bird, R200 at the door and R300 VIP.
We do have events lined up for you in December already.
- 2 December: Miss Zimbabwe Diaspora 2016
- Tickets: TBD
- Venue: Woodstock Hall
- Red Carpet event
- International music and arts festival
- 8 July, Mitchells Plain
- 9 July, Cape town City Hall
BOSS MACHINGURA PROMOTIONS presents
- Shows at Marutle Jazz Pub, Pretoria the following days:
- 9 July,
- 23 July,
- 3 September
BOSS SHAVA PRESENTS
- 9 September
- Legends Music Festival, @Maitland Hall, Cape Town
- Tickets, R200, VIP R300
It’s Ruffkurt’s 4th anniversary on the 27th of August this year.
- Put on your Ruffkurt Gear, grab your R50 and head for the Ruffkurt’s blue Cup Party!
BodySlam presents: 4 of the most sought after artists Straight outta Zim. Killer T, Shinsoman, Sir Calaz and Freeman will be gracing Cape town again on 26 November, venue is still in the air… keep glued to my column and you will know before anyone else does.
We are growing dear friends and this newspaper is now a medium of choice among progressive Zimbabweans in the diaspora. Many thanks for all the support. skynewszimbabwe.com is getting better every single day. Catch me right here @ skynewszimbabwe.com or send an email to email@example.com
Till next week,